CERTIFICATIONS & REGULATIONS
Product certification or product qualification is the process of certifying that a certain product has passed performance tests as well as quality assurance tests and meets qualification criteria stipulated in regulations or specifications.
Below we provide you with Kapro’s certifications and regulation compliance as well as a brief explanation.
The VPA Prüf- und Zertifizierungs GmbH is the leading European certification organization that tests, evaluates and can certify the quality and adherence of tools to German and European laboratory standards and regulations.
The VPA CERTIFIED seal attests to the safety and the quality of the products with comprehensive testing procedures and continuous supervision.
The VPA tests include:
- Level accuracy according to VPA laboratory standard
- Chemical testing of PAHs for plastics and compliance with German standards
- Reliability and breakage testing to determine the level’s strength
- Safety tests according to European standard parameters
- Full-scope inspections according to all the applicable standards and guidelines
- Regular production supervision processes
The tests are based on the following principles:
- EC directives
- EN, ISO, IEC standards
- German regulations
- National technical standards
- Rules of technology and safety engineering
- Tested Safety (GS) mark
At Kapro, our VPA certified products testify to the high quality and standards with which we operate and manufacture levels you can rely on and we can be proud of. Kapro is the only level manufacturer in the world whose spirit levels are certified by the German VPA.
SA8000 SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
SA8000 is an auditable certification standard that encourages organizations to develop, maintain, and apply socially acceptable practices in the workplace.
ISO9001 QUALITY CONSISTENCY
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
ISO14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
The FDA regulates both medical and non-medical lasers. The FDA may inspect manufacturers of laser products and require the recall of products that don’t comply with federal standards or that have radiation safety defects.
Kapro lasers are all FDA certified
CE CERTIFICATION MARK
CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA.
Kapro products conform to CE certification
RoHS stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products. All applicable products in the EU market after July 1, 2006 must pass RoHS compliance.
Kapro products are RoHS compliant
The WEEE Directive is the European Community directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) which, together with the RoHS Directive became European Law in February 2003, setting collection, recycling and recovery targets for all types of electrical goods.
Kapro is WEEE compliant
CLASSES as defined by the ‘American National Standard for Safe Use of Lasers’ for all types of laser systems is a system that classifies laser devices according to their relative hazards and specifies appropriate controls for each class.
Kapro Lasers are all Class 2 lasers because they are strong enough to see but the least dangerous to the user, within the available possibilities.
- Class 1: usually under 0.4mw – exempt from radiation hazard controls.
- Class 1m: between 0.4mw and 4.0mw, based on 1000 second exposure-applies only to lasers not intended for viewing (supermarket laser scanner).
- Class 2: Low power visible laser that emit above Class I levels but at a radiant power not above 1mw. – Limited controls.
- Class 3R: Intermediate power lasers between 1 – 5mw.
- Class 3B: Moderate power lasers; 5-500mw, specific controls are recommended.
- Class 4: High power lasers, 500mw, are hazardous to view under any condition
For additional details please click on the table below